AUI is the contractor for this project. It will be built in seven (7) phases, with some phases overlapping. Please note that all construction is weather permitting, and actual construction phases or activities are subject to change without notice.
Phase 1 – This phase is complete.
- Scheduled to start Oct. 5, 2020.
- Traffic Control: Broadway Blvd. will be reduced to one lane in each direction (north and south) with a flagger directing traffic to allow crews to haul dirt haul across Broadway.
- Crews will be working during the day and fully reopening Broadway Blvd. at night
- Dirt will be hauled from the proposed pond location to prepare for structural construction and construction of the new pump station
- This phase is expected to last about two weeks.
Phase 2 – This phase is currently underway and is expected to be completed in August 2021.
- Scheduled to start about Oct. 19, 2020
- Traffic Control: Roads will be open, except there may be occasional short-term lane closures. Traffic will be directed to watch for turning trucks.
- Long duration ~ 9 months as this is when all structures, the building and the pond will be under construction.
Reconstruction of Marble and Arno
Phase 3 – This phase is currently underway and is expected to be completed in April 2021.
- Scheduled to start approximately Oct. 19, 2020 pending completion of any utility relocations needed for construction of the project.
- Traffic Control: Some streets will be closed to thru traffic, but open to local traffic.
- Will include the installation of a new water line, new sanitary sewer line, new storm drainage pipeline and complete roadway repaving.
- Access will be maintained for the local business and residents.
- Fairly long duration anticipated.
Reconstruction of Lomas Blvd
Phase 4 – North Side – This phase is scheduled to start in March 2021 and last approximately one (1) month.
- Scheduled to start near the second half of the reconstruction of Marble and Arno when the storm drainage pipeline is approaching Lomas Blvd.
- Traffic Control: Traffic Split will push both directions of traffic into the eastbound (southern) lanes of Lomas Blvd. to allow the storm drainage pipeline to be installed in the center of Lomas Blvd.
- Medium duration anticipated since this phase requires a few relocations, storm drainage pipe installation and repaving disturbed portions of the roadway.
- This entire area will have to be rebuilt to allow the traffic switch to the eastbound lanes of Lomas Blvd.
Phase 5 – South Side – This phase is scheduled to start in April 2021 and last approximately one (1) month.
- Scheduled to start after the North Side phase is complete and reopened to traffic.
- Traffic Control Required: Traffic Split will push both directions of traffic into the westbound (northern) lanes of Lomas Blvd. to allow construction of the south side of Lomas Blvd.
- Medium duration is anticipated since this phase requires a few relocations, storm drainage pipe installation and repaving disturbed portions of the roadway.
Phase 6 – This phase is scheduled to start in summer 2021, although we do not have a definite timeframe yet.
- Scheduled to start after the completion of Lomas Blvd
- Traffic Control: Broadway will be closed from north of Lomas to south of Granite due to the depth and extent of trenches needed for construction
- Anticipated duration of total closure: 90 days
- Extended hours may be required for this phase due to the extent of the work
Existing Pump Station Abandonment
Phase 7 – This phase is scheduled to start in fall 2021, although we do not have a definite timeframe yet.
- Scheduled to start after the reconstruction of Broadway Blvd.
- Traffic Control: Minor lane closures on Broadway Blvd.
- Anticipated medium duration and minor traffic impacts since the majority of work is off Broadway Blvd.
Project No. 5958.92